On this full-day tour, we will take you through the valley and show you some of the most important archaeological sites which includes Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Chinchero. We will also teach you about some of the ancient traditions that Peruvians still continue today, such as weaving and ceremonies. On our tour of the Sacred Valley, you will learn everything you need to know to fully appreciate Machu Picchu.
We will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco at 8:00 am. In our vehicle, we will drive to the Animal Refuge which has Andean animals such as llamas, alpacas, condors, and pumas. Afterwards, we will head to one of the most important archaeological sites in the region, called Pisac, to see Inca burial grounds, ancient irrigation systems and astronomical centers. We will visit the ruins and terraces for about an hour, and after our tour here will then go down to the town of Pisac located at the bottom of the valley. In this town we will first stop by a local silver factory and will see a demonstration of how they process and form beautiful jewelry. Next, we will walk through the cobble-stoned streets to the plaza to see locals selling produce and souvenirs in their stands. You will have some free time to browse and do some shopping here as well. After finishing our visit in Pisac, we will drive to the town of Urubamba to have a buffet lunch which includes both delicious Peruvian and Western cuisine. From there, we will head to Ollantaytambo where we will visit the ruins built up on terraces that features massive stones at the top. This site was an important religious and astronomical center, and was also used as a military fortress in one of the biggest battles the Incas had against the Spanish. After this, we will start to head back to Cusco, and on the way we will stop at another local village called Chinchero where we will see the remaining Inca buildings and terraces here that were important for the administration of farming. We will then return to Cusco and will drop you off at your hotel around 6:30 pm.
- Transportation all day
- Official tour guide fluent in English, Spanish and Quechua
- Lunch at a buffet restaurant
- The entrance fees to the archaeological sites are not included. Please note that you will need to purchase a tourist pass to enter the sites on this tour. You can purchase a partial tourist pass for 70 soles (about $20 USD) if you plan to tour only the sites in the Sacred Valley during your trip. However, if you plan to visit sites in both the Sacred Valley and Cusco, we recommend you purchase the full tourist pass for 130 soles (about $40 USD) which is valid for 10 days. It is not necessary to purchase the tourist pass in advance, as you can get it at the first site we visit on the tour. Please see our blog here for more information about the tourist pass options.
- The Animal Refuge requires a 15 soles per person entrance ticket which goes toward maintaining the refuge and providing food for the animals.
- The lunch does not include drinks
- Tip for your guide (optional)
What to Bring
- Good sneakers or light hiking boots
- A small day backpack to carry your personal belongings
- Comfortable hiking clothes
- Money to buy souvenirs and for the tourist pass
- Rain jacket or plastic poncho
- Water and snacks
How to Book
We only require a minimum of 2 people to organize this tour, so if there are at least 2 people total in your group we can organize this tour for the start date that you choose. If you are traveling by yourself, please email us to check the availability and let us know the tour(s) that you are interested in and the dates when you are available.
To reserve your tour, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information for each traveler: complete name, nationality, date of birth, and gender. Please let us know the tour you want to do, the date you are looking to do the tour, and how many people are in your group. The next step to reserve your tour is to have each person pay a deposit of $50. To make your deposit, please pay by selecting the correct amount below or by visiting our Book Now page. The remaining balance is due in Cusco in cash (either in US dollars or Peruvian soles), or if you prefer you may pay with a Visa credit card at our office. To pay with a credit card, before your tour please visit our office which is located at Calle Union #140 in the reception of the Cusco B&B Hotel.
Click the Amount to Deposit via Visa: